There has been a lot of things that we Yorkshire folk have missed during lockdown, and leaving the house is a key one. All of our favourite fast food outlets closed in March, leaving us high and dry for our fix of the good stuff. Unlike rumours about other places re-opening, KFC has announced it will re-open some of its stores across the UK for delivery. And the good news is some are in Yorkshire!
Slowly re-opening stores across the UK, the much-loved chicken restaurant is planning to open another 80 in the coming weeks. The nation’s favourite fried chicken will soon be back on the menu for some Yorkshire folk, and we couldn’t be more excited to stuff our faces. It will only be available for delivery, which is win-win for those who don’t want to get up from the sofa.
In light of the current pandemic, KFC has said in their press release that they are doing the responsible thing and taking stringent measures with regards to processes and hygiene measures. There will be a limited menu to help the smaller kitchen maintain social distancing measures, as well as fewer members of staff.
But don’t be mistaken in thinking they’ve been putting their feet up during the closures. Over the past few weeks, they have delivered an estimated 10,000 meals to NHS and other key workers each week, and will continue to do so in partnership with Deliveroo – with the opening of more stores enabling the outlet to continue in doing so. The KFC stores first to open in Yorkshire are the Sheffield branch on Queens Road, and the Wakefield branch on Westgate Retail Park.
You can order KFC from the re-opened restaurants on Deliveroo, Just Eat and Uber Eats.
The below restaurants have opened so far.
- Heaton Chapel, Stockport
- New Oscott, Birmingham
- Manchester Hulme
- Manchester Deansgate
- Aldershot, Hampshire
- Ipswich – Cardinal Park
- Glasgow – Pollockshaw Road
- Glasgow – Great Western Retail Park
- Enfield – Coliseum Retail Park
- Bury – Moorgate Retail Park
- Bently Bridge – Bentley Bridge Pleasure Park
- Great Bridge – Great Bridge Retail Park
- Romford Gallows – Colchester Road
- Tyburn – Kingsbury Road
- Norwich – Mile Cross Lane
- Brighton – Western Road
- Putney – High Street
- Mornington Crescent
- Hammersmith – Kings Street
- Ashford – Eureka Leisure Park
- Broadstairs – Westwood Retail Park
- Dover – Honey Wood Retail Park
- Birmingham – Martineau Place
- Grimsby – Birchin Way
- Rochdale – Kingsway Retail Park
- Wakefield – Westgate Retail Park
- Glasgow – Nitshill Road
- Northampton – Towcester Road
- Wrexham – St Georges Crescent
- Southampton – Above Bar Street
- Sheffield – Queens Road
- Lancaster – Penny Street
- Oxley – Bushbury Lane
- Manchester Fort Shopping Park
- Farnworth – Albert Road
- Bloxwich – Leamore Lane
- Wythenshawe – Rowlands Way
- East Kilbride – Kingsgate Retail Park
- Slough – Farnham Road