I knew it, where do I collect my keys? I don’t know about you, but I may just be enquiring to see if there is a cheeky mansion with my name on it. I can see myself now, driving around me estate in a fancy Range Rover, Beagle perched on the passenger seat. All I need now is one of them posh accents.
If you, like us, are wanting to see if an estate is sat waiting for you to come and cash in, then you’ll want to check out the list of unclaimed estates below.
The HM Treasury records show there is a whopping 147 unclaimed estates that are linked to West Yorkshire. Unclaimed estates happen if people die without a will, leaving everything they own behind such as money, property, business or cars. If no one claims these assets, the money can disappear into the government’s accounts – which sounds pretty inconspicuous to us. Sounds like it’s worth a shot!
LeedsLive reported that out of 8,300 names, 147 names were linked to West Yorkshire by either place of birth or place of death.
Here’s how you could be entitled to an estate:
- Husband, wife or civil partner
- Children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and so on
- Mother or father
- Brothers or sisters who share both the same mother and father, or their children (nieces and nephews)
- Half brothers or sisters or their children
- Uncles and aunts or their children (first cousins or their descendants)
Want to see what fortune potentially awaits you? Check out the full list of estates linked to West Yorkshire on LeedsLive here.