Following a month-long closure as a result of the November lockdown, Primark has confirmed it will re-open for a 24-hour shopping special next week – with a number of stores taking part.
Helping staff clock in some extra hours following four weeks of furlough and allowing the business to regain some lost income from the forced closures, the special extended hours will take place in just 11 specially selected stores in England, with Meadowhall, York Monks Cross and Leeds White Rose all making the cut. The extended hours will begin at 7am Wednesday 2nd December, running through til regular closing time on Thursday 3rd December – making for plenty of time to catch up on a bit of Christmas shopping.
Not only that, but all stores will open for longer right up until the 23rd December – with most remaining open until 8pm and others open for business right up until midnight on weekdays.
Here’s the full list of changes to their opening hours:
- Town High Street stores will trade until 8pm
- Town Shopping centre stores will trade until 8pm
- Retail Parks will trade until 10pm as a minimum, with the following stores trading until midnight:
- Charlton, York Monks Cross, Banbury, Edinburgh Fort
- Major Shopping Centres will trade until 10pm as a minimum, with the following stores trading;
- Until 11pm: Meadowhall, Bluewater, Lakeside, Metro, White City, Stratford
- Until Midnight: Leeds White Rose, Braehead, Trafford
- Major High St Stores, the majority will trade until 10pm, with the following stores trading;
- Until 9pm: Belfast Bank, Belfast Fountain house, Bristol, Nottingham
- Until 11pm: Oxford St East, Oxford St West
24-hour trading: Primark will trade in the following stores from 7am on Wednesday 2 December and trade 24 hours through until normal closing time on Thursday 3 December.
- York Monks Cross
- Leeds White Rose
- Birmingham Fort
- White City
- Gateshead Metrocentre
Read more: Bolton Abbey Has Cancelled Their Christmas Event Due To Poor Visitor Behaviour