This ITV series The Long Shadow filming locations were across Yorkshire. The new drama promises a fresh perspective focusing on the victims and the dedicated officers of the serial killer. The network has recently shared the first images of the show and announced the impressive all-star cast, adding to the anticipation surrounding the upcoming release.
Revered screenwriter George Kay takes the helm in crafting the narrative for the upcoming six-part crime drama, while BAFTA-winning director Lewis Arnold solely directs the seven-part drama. This collaborative effort is positioned as the “definitive depiction” of the desperate five-year hunt for Peter Sutcliffe, better known as the ‘Yorkshire Ripper.’
Watch the trailer for ITV’s The Long Shadow below:
The series aims to sensitively explore the lives of the victims who tragically crossed paths with Sutcliffe, as well as the police officers at the heart of the exhaustive investigation. Sutcliffe spent time in areas such as Chapeltown, Roundhay, Headingley and Farsley looking for potential victims.
It was filmed across Yorkshire, so we’ve listed ITV’s The Long Shadow filming locations. Filming took place in Yorkshire in June and July 2022.
Check out the The Long Shadow filming locations below:
- Langford Lane in Burley-in-Wharfedale near Ilkley was one place where crews were spotted with vans full of 1970s-themed props were also delivered, according to Yorkshire Post.
- Wortley area of Leeds in West Yorkshire in and around Granny Lane, The Highfields, Leysholmes and the Western Flatts Cliff Park, UK, according to Yorkshire Live.
- Buttershaw, Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, UK
- Roundhay, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, UK
- Low Moor, Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, UK
- Royds Hall Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, UK
- Bulmer & Lumb, Royds Hall Lane, Buttershaw, Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, UK
- Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, UK
- Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
- York, North Yorkshire
The Long Shadow is distinctive for its focus on the victims, their families, and the survivors, introducing a fresh viewpoint to a well-documented narrative. At the core of the series, Jill Halfpenny, known for her role in “EastEnders,” will portray Doreen Hill, the mother of 20-year-old student Jacqueline Hill, Sutcliffe’s final victim.
Now you know the filming locations for ITV’s The Long Shadow will air on ITV1 and ITVx September 2023. Information for filming location was taken from IMDB and Wikipedia. The series is highly anticipated