There ain’t much better than a chippy tea! Whether you’re having a classic fish & chips, or maybe you’ve gone for a battered sausage, fish pattie or any of the other deep-fried offerings your local chippy does. One thing you’ll find when you’re in Yorkshire is everyone has a favourite chippy in their town that they’ll be happy to recommend when you’re visiting.
Well, with so many coastal towns in the county, there is just something special about Yorkshire fish & chips that just beat out the others in the UK. An analysis from Tide, trawled through TripAdvisor to find the top-rated fish & chip shops across the UK by searching for ‘independent fish and chip shop”.
They collated the data, multiplied the figures and formed an overall score for each business, this gave them the top-rated independent fish & chip shops in the UK, and one of our own Fish and Chips at 149 from Bridlington made the list. We couldn’t agree more, this chippy is on our list of the best chippies in Bridlington and the Yorkshire Coast, so there are no surprises.
Found on Marton Road, just down from Headingley School, the chippy is another level. Their philosophy is ‘you deserve the best possible experience from the moment you walk through the door to the very last bite,’ and it shows. Their ingredients are of the highest quality and locally source to create a fantastic feast. Fish & Chips at 149, 149 Marton Road, Bridlington, YO16 7DJ.
Top 10 independent fish and chip shops included:
1. Oban Fish and Chip Shop, Oban
2. Eric’s Fish and Chips, Thornham
3. The House of Bruar Restaurant, Conservatory and Fish and Chip Shop, Blair Atholl
4. Fish and Chips at 149, Bridlington
5. Qualisea Fish & Chips, Eastbourne
6. The Beer Fish and Chip Shop, Beer
7. Market Place Fish & Chip Restaurant, Ashbourne
8. Lloyds Fish and Chip Shop, Lampeter
9. The Independent Taproom & Beer Shop, Brighton
10. Fish and Chip Co., Ramsbottom