Autumn may seem like the time of year when you think about heading to warmer climates, or getting the fire on and keeping warm away from the windy wet weather outside. But, you’d be missing out on the most exciting time of year. When the scenery takes on a pallet of autumn hues with leaves turning brown, yellow and orange. It’s the perfect time to head out on a road trip across Yorkshire’s stunning winding roads.
One North Yorkshire road trip locate in the Yorkshire Dales has been featured in a list of the top 10 most epic road trips in the UK. Ribblehead Viaduct is one of Yorkshire’s most impressive sights and you can take in that along with other sites such as the iconic Tan Hill Inn, which is the highest pub in Britain as well as the beautiful rugged landscape of the Dales.
The Yorkshire Dales road trip takes you from Settle to Tan Hill. Car company Dacia, named the most epic UK road trips by asking a panel of ‘travel experts’ about the country’s best road trips and ranked the via a public vote.
To come to its conclusion the study asked 2,000 Brits and uncovered the top 10 most exciting road trips. With over nine in ten stating the UK has some of the world’s best drives. The longlist was created by asking the best UK autumnal roads trips.
Taking the top spot was Scotland’s iconic The North Coast 500, in second was The Coastal Way in Wales and the third was The Jurassic Coast from Poole to Lyme Regis. The Ribblehead Viaduct road trip came in a respectable 9th place, which is nothing to be sniffed at.
Check out the top 10 epic road trips in the UK, according to Dacia below:
- The North Coast 500, Scotland
- The Coastal Way, Wales
- The Jurassic Coast from Poole to Lyme Regis, England
- Cheddar Gorge through the Mendip Hills, England
- Causeways Coastal Route, Northern Ireland
- Kendal to Keswick in the Lake District, England
- The Cotswolds to Bath, England
- Cat and Fiddle route (A53 then A54 followed by the A537) in the Peak District, England
- Ribblehead Viaduct, North Yorkshire, England
- Snowdonia’s Llanberis Pass, Wales