Yorkshire born chef James Martin has issued an update on his battle with cancer as he ended his show in Liverpool this week.
Playing at the Philharmonic hall on Monday He said: “For me personally, I’ve been through a lot of s**t with cancer but I’m getting sorted at the end of next month.
“I will be back fighting at the end of February but I’m going on a little bit of a break to get that sorted. I just wanted to say thank you for all your support and all your messages,” the Liverpool ECHO reported.
Last month the TV chef announced the future of his Saturday morning show to a Birmingham audience he said: “ITV has decided to renew the Saturday show for another year,” with a big smile. Following the revelation up with “We’ve just found out”, according to Birmingham Live.
The popular chef and TV personality revealed back in July he’d been diagnosed with cancer. The 51-year-old announced in July he’d been diagnosed with facial caner a few years ago after apologising for his behaviour to his crew on the set his Saturday Morning show back in 2018.
Most recognised for hosting the culinary show Saturday Kitchen spanning from 2006 to 2016, he later announced a temporary hiatus from his professional commitments to focus on his personal well-being.
We wish James Martin all the best as takes a break, and look forward to seeing him return to our screens in 2025.