Just because the temperatures aren’t soaring anymore doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy a cheeky treat at the weekend. And we’ve got just the thing to make you feel a little like you’re on holiday… behold… the Fruit Pastille cocktail! Featuring a cheeky bit of gin liqueur and a big splash of vodka, the creative cocktail is sure to help you let your hair down after a long week of lockdown life. With the shut for the winter it’s the perfect time to enjoy life at home with this funky and fruity little number.
Kind of like ‘childhood in a glass’, the ice lolly cocktail is a refreshing little number and well worth getting the blender out for to recreate yourself courtest of @emmascakesandcocktails.
Here’s how to try this Fruit Pastille Cocktail at home (we may have personally added an extra shot of vodka for good luck).
· 1 Fruit Pastille Ice Lolly
· 50ml of Boe Scottish Bramble Gin Liqueur
· 35ml of Vodka
· 35ml of Robinsons Raspberry, Rhubarb & Orange Blossom Cordial
· 30ml of Grenadine
· 20ml of Lemon Juice
· 2 Handfuls of Ice
- Chuck one or two handfuls of ice into a blender.
- Next, add the vodka, gin liqueur, grenadine and lemon juice.
- Blend until a smooth, slushy consistency is formed
- Pour the mix into a tall glass and serve.
Easy, huh? We must admit, this one’s best enjoyed in the sunshine, but life’s too short to wait for that when you live in the North. So, what are you waiting for?
Feature Image Credit: Emmascakesandcocktails/ Sainsbury