There’s nothing better than a good curry – and it seems that Yorkshire has some of the best curry houses in the UK as five of the county’s venues featured in major food awards.
The curry houses and takeaways featured from Yorkshire stand next to the best Indian restaurants in the country so to be just featured is a real feat.
The awards were on Monday 20th February and the winners of the 2023 Nation’s Curry Awards were announced in Manchester. The competition celebrates the businesses and individuals in the UK’s Indian food industry.
Featured in the list was Tharavadu Restaurant, which was visited by the Hairy Bikers in their BBC show and was highly praised by the TV chefs.
A spokesperson for the awards said: “We have celebrated the finest in the UK’s curry scene, recognising the creativity, innovation, and exceptional service that have become synonymous with this beloved cuisine.
“The UK’s curry industry is a vital part of our culture, and these awards recognised the exceptional talents of the individuals and businesses that make it so special. Congratulations to all the winners and nominees, and thank you to everyone who participated and supported this event.”
Check out the full list below:
- Best of Yorkshire – Bengal Lounge, 31 High Street, Wetherby, Leeds, LS22 6LR
- Bangladeshi Restaurant of the Year – Bangla Lounge, 38 Low Lane, Birstall, Batley, WF17 9HB
- South Indian Restaurant of the Year – Tharavadu Restaurant, 7-8 Mill Hill, Leeds, LS1 5DQ
- Curry School of the Year – Sharmini’s Inspirational Indian Cuisine, Joseph Rowntree School, Haxby Road, York, YO32 4BZ
- Indian Restaurant of the Year (North) – Viraaj Restaurant, 743 Chesterfield Road, Woodseats, Sheffield, S8 0SL
Feature Image Credit: Bengal Lounge