We asked you our beautiful readers what the most underrated places to visit in Yorkshire, and as always there were a mix of hilarious replies as well as helpful ones. So, we thought for those that need a laugh, or actually want to find somewhere beautiful to visit this weekend, we’d give you a list of the best (and worst) suggestions for some of God’s Own Country’s fellow Yorkshiremen and women. Enjoy the list below!
1. “Yorkshire underrated ? Never heard such nonsense” How can anywhere in Yorkshire be UNDERrated. It’s in Yorkshire! That’s good enough for me!
That’s the start we were looking for. Of course all of Yorkshire is top notch, just from being in the UK’s biggest county.
2. “Dewsbury for sure, the scenery is amazing and clean air is the best”
3. “Bradford stunning architecture and great people.”
4. “Wentworth a hidden gem”
5. “Yorkshire Trading”
6. “Underrated has to be Bridlington : endless clean beaches & lots of young new blood bringing new business and great food. Watch out Malton.”
7. “Hull, the best kept secret in Britain, and constantly improving”
8. “Thirsk and the surrounding areas such as Sutton Bank and Felixkirk.”
9. “It’s got to be Barnsley.”
10. “Mixenden.. proper paradise”
11. “Filey was delightful when I was visited”
12. “Definitely The Three Legs when the karaokes on they through you in not out”
13. “Millington Pastures and the Wolds around it.”
14. “Huddersfield, some stunning scenery.”
15. “Bramhall Lane”
16. “Castle hill is underrated , the views are amazing”
17. “Crackpot in the dales – great name, great village!!
Check out our list of other hilarious names in Yorkshire here.
18. “Good old sunny donny, Doncaster has it all that Yorkshire could offer ….but does it better”
19. “The top of Ingleby Incline…and it’s inaccessible enough by car that it’ll never be spoilt by people knowing about it either.”
20. “Your mums house”
Read More: 15 Things All Yorkshire Mums Used To Say Growing Up
21. “Goathlands definitely, absolutely gorgeous views!”
22. “Rothwell Working Mens club”
23. “Hardraw Force, biggest single drop waterfall in Britain”
Check out our list of the best waterfall walks in Yorkshire here.
24. “Saturday night out in shakey wakey”
Wakey has one of the best hidden cocktail bars in Yorkshire disguised as a video rental shop.
25. “Lawkholme lane in Keighley”
Let’s not forget this cheeky bugger, who thought they’d be clever with this one… “The road back to Lancashire”.
Read More: 14 Of The Best Places To Visit For A Day Trip In Yorkshire