Yorkshire has plenty of great restaurants and it’s that time of year again where some of the best across the region including Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford and York get a shout out and a chance to win best restaurant at the British Restaurant Awards.
This year marks the 5th British Restaurant Awards and the nominations for the 2023 competition have been announced and there are some incredible restaurants in the running across the region.
There are so many food awards these days – and one of the benefits of them is they highlight so hidden gems as well as the top places to visit in each city and area in across the county. As Yorkshire has the most Michelin stars outside of London it’s no surprise there are a lot of nominations for Yorkshire.
Seeking to recognise and celebrate the incredible talent, innovation and artistry that defines the UK restaurant scene, there will be a glittering ceremony in London 5th September when the winners will be announced.
The public has until the 1st September to have their say on the winner – so make sure you vote for any favourites that you have.
A spokesperson said: “In a celebration that promises to be bigger, bolder, and more delicious than ever, the British Restaurant Awards has pulled back the curtain on an extraordinary line up of nominees across a delectable array of categories.
“From best new restaurant and best chef to best luxury restaurant and restaurant of the year.
“The British Restaurant Awards nominations stand as a testament to the outstanding culinary prowess that graces every corner of the UK.”
Vote for your favourites from the list below here.
- Bill’s – Albion Place, Leeds, LS1 6JL
- Fint – 73 Great George Street, Leeds, LS1 3BR
- Fazenda – Waterman’s Place, Granary Wharf, Leeds, LS1 4GL
- The Man Behind The Curtain – Vicar Lane, Lower Ground Floor Flannels, Leeds, LS1 7JH
- Sushi Bar Hanamatsuri – 580 Meanwood Road, Meanwood, Leeds, LS6 4AZ
- The Oxford Place – Oxford Place, Leeds, LS1 3AX
- The Ox Club – The Headrow, Leeds, LS1 6PU
- Blue Sakura – Merrion Way, Leeds, LS2 8BT
- Home – Brewery Place, Leeds, LS10 1NE
- Lala’s Restaurant – Pudsey, LS28 8EE
- OISOI Gathering – New Era Square, Boston Street, Highfield, Sheffield, S2 4BF
- The Old Vicarage – Ridgeway, Sheffield, S12 3XW
- VeroGusto – 12 Norfolk Row, Sheffield, S1 2PA
- Carluccios – Meadowhall, Sheffield, S9 1EP
- Domo Restaurant – Cotton Mill Walk, Little Kelham Street, Sheffield, S3 8DH
- Beju – Glossop Road, Broomhall, Sheffield, S10 2GW
- Piccolo’s – 3 Convent Walk, Broomhall, Sheffield, S3 7RX
- Neon Fish – The Park Lodge, Archer Road, Sheffield S8 0LA
- Vito’s Italian Restaurant – South Road, Sheffield, S6 3TE
- Joro – Shalesmoor, Sheffield, S3 8US
- The Kashmir Restaurant – Morley Street, Bradford, BD7 1AG
- Mamma Mia – Upper Piccadilly, Bradford BD1 3PE
- Grand Cru Restaurant – Bradford Road, Birkenshaw, Bradford, BD11 2AQ
- MyLahore Bradford – Great Horton Road, Bradford, BD7 1AL
- Napoleons Casino and Restaurant – Bolton Road, Bradford, BD1 4DR
- SakkuSamba – The Broadway Shopping Centre, Hall Ings, Bradford, BD1 1JR
- Kiplings Restaurant – Harrogate Road, Apperley Bridge, Bradford, BD10 0RA
- Aldo Italian – Harrogate Road, Apperley Bridge, Bradford, BD10 0RB
- Café J’adore – Chester Street, Bradford, BD5 0AF
- Mezza Restaurant – Legrams Mill, Bradford, BD7 1NH
- Restaurant 1914 – Morley Street, Bradford, BD7 1AJ
- Best new restaurant – Fears, Department 4, The Blvd, Leeds, LS10 1PZ
- Best chef – Tommy Banks, The Black Swan At Oldstead, Oldstead, York YO61 4BL
- Best luxury restaurant – The Man Behind The Curtain, Vicar Lane, Lower Ground Floor Flannels, Leeds, LS1 7JH
- Best takeaway restaurant – Boungiorno, Acomb Wood Drive, Woodthorpe, York, YO24 3XN
- Best takeaway restaurant – Tamannas, New Road, Mytholmroyd, Hebden Bridge, HX7 5DZ
- Best takeaway restaurant – Napoli Centro, 343 Glossop Road, Broomhall, Sheffield, S10 2HP
- Best bar – The Mavern, 1 Call Lane, Leeds, LS1 7DH
- Best bar – Public, Surrey Street, Sheffield, S1 2LG
- Best international cuisine – Hanamatsuri, 580 Meanwood Road, Meanwood, Leeds, LS6 4AZ
As stated above, the British Restaurant Awards is sponsored by Telephonos, a new social media network and you can vote by registering on their website before closing on 1st September.