Taking place this Monday 9th October, the England Food Award’s celebrated the country’s best in the food industry and some of Yorkshire’s best took home to gold for God’s Own Country. Showcasing just how great our great county is for food. From fine dining to classic seafood, Yorkshire showcased some of its best.
The awards recognises the talent and hard work within the English food industry and highlights the best restaurants, takeaways, pubs, cafes and producers. The winners were selected on the votes of the public, who nominate their favourite spots across a variety of categories including Restaurant of the Year, Gastro Pub of the Year, Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year and Best Street Food amongst others.
Aiming to showcase the excellence in the various categories, the awards showcases some of the best restaurants England has to offer whilst celebrating diversity and quality.
Some of the big winners of the night were Chef Jono at V&V in Leeds who won Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year for second year in a row. And another big win was for everyone’s favourite Whitby restaurant The Magpie Cafe, which took home best seafood restaurant in the North.
A Spokesperson for The Food Awards England 2023 said: “We received an overwhelming response from the public, who nominated some fantastic establishments across the country.
“These awards are a testament to the passion and dedication of the country’s food industry, and the hard work of those who provide exceptional culinary experiences to their customers. The winners should be proud of their achievement, as they represent the very best of England’s food scene, and are a true reflection of the quality and diversity of the industry.
“Congratulations to all of the winners and finalists, who have demonstrated excellence in their respective categories.”
Check out the Yorkshire winners of The Food Awards England 2023 below:
- Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year: Chef Jono at V & V (Leeds)
- Best Indian Establishment North: Kiplings Restaurant (Halifax)
- Best Indian Establishment Overall Winner: Kiplings Restaurant (Halifax)
- Café/ Bistro of the Year Yorkshire: Filey Bistro & Coffee Bar (Filey)
- Restaurant of the Year Yorkshire: Chef Jono at V & V (Leeds)
- Hotel Restaurant of the Year North: The Feathers Hotel (York)
- Hotel Restaurant of the Year Overall Winner: The Feathers Hotel (York)
- Caterer of the Year North: Aqua Silva Catering (York)
- Best World Cuisine North: Persian Cottage (Middlesbourgh)
- Best World Cuisine Overall Winner: Persian Cottage (Middlesbourgh)
- Best Seafood Establishment North: The Magpie Cafe (Whitby)
Feature Image Credit: Chef Jono V&V/ The Magpie Cafe