Yorkshire is a stunning place for those that like to take a walk in the rolling countryside. It has everything from challenging walks to easy ones that most folk can take on with beautiful scenery to take in along the way.
And, we aren’t the only ones that think so with two of Yorkshire’s waterfalls named the best waterfalls to visit in the UK both located in the Yorkshire Dales.
The Yorkshire Dales National Park was established back in 1954 and is an unreal part of the world. The two waterfalls located in the Dales aren’t up in some hard-to-reach location, one is found behind a pub for a start.
Featuring in the Go Outdoors top 15 waterfalls, Hardraw Force, which is England’s highest unbroken overground waterfall at 30 metres high located near the village of Hardraw
It’s found along the Pennine Way and behind the Green Dragon Inn, which was used in the popular Channel 5 series All Creatures Great and Small, which closed last year to the disappointment of many people.
Read More: 10 Of The Most Stunning Waterfalls In The Peak District
At number seven on the list was the Ingleton Waterfall Trail is also in the Yorkshire Dales and is a series of stunning waterfalls, which is a treat for any visitor.
Thornton Force is one of the most impressive and stands at 14 metres high dropping over a limestone cliff. The Ingleton Trail is a popular family walk.
Check out the full list of the best waterfalls in the UK below:
- High Force, County Durham, England
- Falls of Glomach, Rosshire, Scotland
- Pistyll Rhaeadr, Powys, Wales
- Steall Falls, Glen Nevis, Scotland
- Hardraw Force, Yorkshire Dales, England
- Aira Force, Lake District, England
- Ingleton Waterfall Trail, Yorkshire Dales, England
- Waterfall Country, Brecon Beacons, Wales
- Becky Falls, Dartmoor, England
- St. Nectan’s Glen, Cornwall, England
- The Falls of Clyde, South Lanarkshire, Scotland
- Hareshaw Linn, Northumberland, England
- Fairy Pools, Glenbrittle, Isle of Skye
- Glenoe Waterfall, County Antrim, Northern Ireland
- Henrhyd Falls, Brecon Beacons, Wales
Read More: 15 Incredible Waterfall Walks In Yorkshire To Discover
Credit: TripAdvisor PottyP