A massive heatwave is expected to hit Yorkshire this summer and naturally, this has a lot of UK holidaymakers planning staycations. And it looks like one of the Yorkshire Coast’s most popular seaside towns might be topping the must-visit list this year
Airpot chaos is also a factor that is getting folks planning a British seaside holiday this year, meaning if you’re planning a cheeky staycation, you might wanna avoid some of these hotspots.
According to Google search trend data collated by Blackpool Pleasure Beach – which reveals the 10 most popular seaside locations for 2022 – the Yorkshire seaside town of Whitby is the 5th most Google searched UK beach this month with 22,000 Google searches.
Blackpool topped the list with a massive 60,500 Google searches a month, but we all know we’d rather be heading to the Yorkshire coast over Lancashire any day.
Weather experts said we can expect some heatwaves this summer, too, and with Friday being as hot as it was, we expect great things to come.
Travel search engine Kayak says it has seen inquiries about hotels on Britain’s coast soar this week, too, as people look to make the most of the sun with the top searched destinations including Whitby in England, Oban in Scotland and Llandudno in Wales.
Check out the top 10 most popular seaside locations for UK holidays in 2022 below:
1. Blackpool – “Blackpool hotels” 60,500 Google searches a month
2. Brighton – “Brighton hotels” 49,500 Google searches a month
3. Llandudno – “Llandudno hotels” 22,200 Google searches a month
4. Whitby – “Whitby hotels” 22,200 Google searches a month
5. Bath – “Bath hotels” 22,200 Google searches a month
6. Weymouth – “Weymouth hotels” 14,800 Google searches a month
7. Tenby – “Tenby hotels” 12,100 Google searches a month
8. Hastings – “Hastings hotels” 9,900 Google searches a month
9. Lyme Regis – “Lyme Regis hotels” 6,600 Google searches a month
10. St Andrews – “St Andrews hotels” 6,600 Google searches a month