If anyone deserves all the treats this Halloween, it’s definitely our pooches. There for us every second of the day, there isn’t a single time of year we wouldn’t spoil them – All Hallows’ Eve included. And providing the perfect goods for them this year is Pets At Home, who’ve just released their brand new Halloween range for 2020.
Getting your pets in on the lockdown fun this Halloween, puppers can channel their inner ghostly beings – with costumes such as a witches hat (just £1.50), a full pumpkin outfit, skeleton onesies and even spider costumes.
If your dog, like many, isn’t a fan of getting dressed up – there’s little collar sliders fitting the Halloween theme, as well as devil horns and even a little tail that can be attached to their wagging bottoms. If your pup’s more of a princess, you can pick up a cute unicorn costume (£7) and a seriously cute angel wing harness, too. Now all we need is the matching human costumes…
Speaking of the new range, Pets At Home said in a statement: “Pets at Home understands that pets are part of our family, so it’s natural to include our four-legged companions in fun and special events,” before adding some essential advice for pet owners when dressing them up.
- Give your dog space: it’s important for them to feel like they have a choice and that they can escape if they’re uncomfortable, as opposed to feeling cornered or threatened
- Make the experience a positive one: only let them wear outfits for a few minutes at a time initially and give them their favourite treats to create a positive association
- Introduce accessories or costumes gradually: it can take time and it’s not something you can always jump straight into
- Look out for signs of them becoming overwhelmed or upset: including tucking their tail under, flattening their ears, turning their head away or easily missed signs such as licking their lips or yawning; it’s important they’re never ignored
- Never force your pet: if they become overwhelmed or upset, your pet can still join in the fun with simpler, less intrusive accessories like collar sliders and bandanas
[Featured image: Pets At Home]