Proving to be a huge hit back in 2018 in both Beverley and Sheffield, Carrot Productions has confirmed that The Snowman is returning to Yorkshire this Christmas with a live orchestra, after a limited run in the region last year due to the pandemic.
Touring a number of cities in the UK every year, the show will return to a number of new venues this year – including dates in York and Hull in the run-up to Christmas.
A real family affair, the magical event has been acclaimed by critics, being described as a truly ‘heart-warming experience’ accompanied by world-class orchestras that ‘bring more than just the Snowman to life’.
Kicking off in Derby on December 1st, the show will arrive in Yorkshire on the 10th December, with a number of dates across the county also booked in.
Here’s the show schedule in full:
- 1st December – Derby Reach
- 2nd December – Derby Reach
- 3rd December – Chester Cathedral
- 6th December – The Queen Elizabeth Hall, Oldham
- 10th December – York Minster
- 11th December – Hull City Hall
- 13th December – The Octagon, Buxton
- 14th December – Sheffield City Hall
- 17th December – Coventry Cathedral
- 19th December – Salisbury Cathedral
- 21st December – Durham Cathedral
- 22nd December – Liverpool Cathedral
The show is guaranteed to be a sell-out judging by previous year’s reception, with organisers Carrot Productions expanding the show year-on-year due to its continued success.
Each city brings a little something different to the production, with a variety of other performances at each venue included in the screening such as The Nutcracker, songs from Frozen, The Bear and the Piano and more.
Tickets can be purchased on the organiser’s website here.