Proving to be a huge hit back in 2018 in both Beverley and Sheffield, Carrot Productions has confirmed that The Snowman is returning to Yorkshire this Christmas with a live orchestra, following a year off in the region due to the pandemic.
Touring a number of cities in the UK every year, the show will return to a number of new venues this year – including a date in York in the run up to Christmas.
A real family affair, the magical event has been acclaimed by critics, being described as a truly ‘heart-warming experience’ accompanied by world-class orchestras that ‘bring more than just the Snowman to life’.
Kicking off in Buxton on December 1st, the show will arrive in York on the 11th December, with a number of dates across the country also booked in.
- 1st December – The Octagon, Buxton
- 2nd December – The Octagon, Buxton
- 3rd December – Salisbury Cathedral
- 4th December – Winchester Cathedral
- 7th December – Derby Reach Centre
- 8th December – Derby Reach Centre
- 9th December – St. David’s Hall, Cardiff
- 11th December – York Minster
- 12th December – Manchester Children’s Hospital
- 18th December – Chester Cathedral
- 20th December – Durham Cathedral
- 22nd December – Liverpool Cathedral
- 23rd December – Coventry Cathedral
The show is guaranteed to be a sell-out judging by previous year’s reception, with organisers Carrot Productions expanding the show year-on-year due to its continued success.
Each city brings a little something different to the production, with a variety of other performances at each venue included in the screening such as The Nutcracker, songs from Frozen, The Bear and the Piano and more.
Tickets can be purchased on the organisers website here.